Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Free Apples And A Sucker

I went to the local grocery store to get a gift for someone.  I know what you are thinking, "A gift from the grocery store"?!  In my defense, it was for a 10 year old and it is a home store so has a very large selection other than just groceries.  All I needed was some flavored chapstick, like LipSmackers.  As I walked in I noticed that my favorite apples were on sale.  They are the honeycrisp apples.  I LOVE these apples.  They are so juicy and delicious.  I just recently discovered them and now I can't get enough.


I grabbed some apples and headed over to cosmetics.  I had Elijah with me.  From the time we were in the car, he was constantly repeating "ball, ball, ball" over and over.  Balls are his favorite thing in the world.  He has a slight obsession, and anything that looks like a ball, is a ball to him.  Anyway, I walked to the cosmetic aisle and looked for the lip gloss/chapstick.  To my surprise they did not have anything of the sort.  Just grown up lipstick. 

I quickly went over to the toy area to see if they had any over there.  The entire time Elijah is still repeating ball and desperately trying to get out of the cart.  I did not see anything there either so I just headed up front to get the apples.  At this point, I took Elijah out of the cart.  As I was paying for the apples, he noticed very large suckers that looked like a.... BALL and that set him off all over.  I just bought a sucker and gave it to him to make it easier.  Since he thought it was a ball, he just threw it.  I opened it up and put it in his mouth.  He thought this was the best thing ever. 

I finished paying and headed out to the car with the apples, suckers, and no present.  Once I got to the car, I realized that I just paid over $6 for some apples and a sucker.  This seemed a little bit high.  I looked at the receipt and noticed that I was charged twice for the apples.  I ran back in to customer service.  Elijah was content with the sucker at this time, but getting VERY sticky.  Oh well, at least he was pacified.  The nice lady refunded me the money I was overcharged as well as the original amount for the apples "for the inconvenience" she said.  So, I ended up with free apples, a sucker, a sticky, sticky boy, and no present.  What a trip!!

Elijah thought that it turned out great

1 comment:

  1. Your little man is so handsome!!

    Hey I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out here http://footballandrainbows.blogspot.com/2012/11/yay-i-was-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete