Monday, November 12, 2012

Green Floor Cleaner

I have been trying more natural cleaning recipes.  I want to move away from the harsh chemicals in heavy duty store bought cleaners.  Also, I cannot stand breathing in the fumes from the chemicals.  I used this recipe to mop my floors.

2 gallons warm-hot tap water
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tablespoon liquid dish soap


It worked really well cleaning the floor.  I usually have REALLY dirty floors due to a 15 month old that likes to throw food and just make messes in general.  I felt that it did leave the floor a little bit streaky.  There is a recipe that is similar but uses washing soda instead of baking soda.  I am going to try that next.  I am sure there area other recipes I will try as well.

What floor cleaners do you use that work really well?

Linking to www.lipglossandcrayons.com today

1 comment:

  1. Hey Staci! Im one of your newest followers from the YOLO MONDAYS blog hop. I have been trying to make homemade cleaning products also. I use vinegar for almost everything, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and windows. I mix some essential oils with it so i dont really smell the vinegar. I would love for you to follow me back at http://www.NavyWif33.com

    ReplyDelete