Monday, November 5, 2012

Green Smoothie Take 1

I recently went to an evening out titled "Eat This, Not That."  That has been really popular right now and I was very interested.  It turned out to be very informative with a lot of great tasting samples.  I was really fired up to go home and start eating healthier.  I wrote down notes and signed up for the e-mails.  I was ready to start my new healthy lifestyle.

 The next day I went to the store and got lots of fruits and vegetables to make my first green smoothie.  I got a cucumber for the green and several different types of fruits.  I did not follow a recipe, I just winged it.  I did not add any sweetener to it either.  I thought that the fruit would make it sweet enough.  It looked really promising going into the blender.

 
 
I was a little unsure by the time I poured it into my glass....
 
 
 
I learned a few things from this experience:  1) Follow a recipe, especially if you are new to smoothie making.  2) Add some kind of sweetener because it is not sweet AT ALL.  3) If you are going to be blending up a bunch of stuff with the skins still on, you need a vita mix (or something like it).  4)  If it doesn't taste good, DON'T DRINK IT.
 
It was very mulchy because I used my regular blender.  That is all that I have.  I need to remove the skin or get a heavy duty blender.  They said at the class that most of the nutrients are in the skin, so I left it on.  It really did not taste good.  My 15 month old really enjoyed it.  He kept coming back for more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment