Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Chex Mix

This year I decided to make some festive foods for Halloween.  The first thing I made was Halloween chex mix.  This was where the disastrous attempt at melting chocolate came in.  It was originally going to be with white chocolate, but I ended up making it with semi sweet chocolate chips instead.  It still came out tasting delicious.

This is a really quick and easy recipe to make for potlucks or just for the family.  It looks festive with the candy corn as well.

This is the recipe that I ended up with:

1 bag of chocolate chips (regular or white chocolate)
6 cups corn chex cereal
3 cups pretzels
2 cups raisins
1 11oz. bag of candy corn ( I used the autumn mix with the pumpkins and candy corn)
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 cup mini marshmallows

Melt the chocolate until it is smooth and creamy.  Add in the chex, pretzels and raisins until evenly coated with chocolate.  Stir in candy corn and marshmallows.  I sprinkled the coconut on top.  Pour it all out onto wax paper to let the chocolate cool and harden.  This will take 30-45 minutes.  Once it is cooled completely, break into pieces.


 

I ended up adding the marshmallows and coconut after I finished to give it a little something extra since the white chocolate didn't work out.  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment