Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Cookie Pie

I decided to go all out this year and attempt several Halloween recipes.  This one was just fun.  It looks great and is easy to make.



Here is the recipe I ended up with:

1 roll refrigerated sugar cookies (I was pressed on time so used the store cookies, you could make your own)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup candy corn (I used the autumn mix with the little pumpkins)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup marshmallows
1/2 cup coconut
1 can ready to spread vanilla frosting (or again, you could make your own)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-inch pizza pain with aluminum foil; grease the foil- I used the spray.  Spread the cookie dough evenly on the pan to form the crust.

Bake for 15 minutes for a softer cookie.  If you want it crispier, bake for 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.  Let the cookie cool completely, about 30 minutes.

Lift the crust from the foil and place on a tray.  Spread the peanut butter over the cookie.  Sprinkle on the candy corn, raisins, marshmallows and coconut. 

Melt the desired amount of frosting in microwave safe bowl for 10 seconds.  Drizzle evenly over the cookie pie.  Cut and serve.

*Note*  I baked the cookie for 20 minutes and it came out very crispy.  It was nice because it made it easy to spread the peanut butter and sturdy for the toppings, but I would like to make it a little softer next time.  I like my sugar cookies soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment