Thursday, October 25, 2012

Melting Chocolate

The smallest things in life can be challenges for me.  I needed to melt some chocolate to make a delicious looking chex mix treat for a potluck I was going to.  I really did not put any thought into this.  How hard can it be to melt chocolate?!?!  I thought it was a no brainer.  I bought this amazing bag of chocolate to melt.

I love Ghiradelli Chocolate!!!!


I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes.  It did not look like it had melted very much so I put it back in for 2 more minutes.  When I took it out, it was completely burned and crumbly.  I was very sad.  I did not have another bag to melt, I had only gotten the one and I was NOT going to go back to the store with Elijah in tow. 

After contemplating what to do, I went into the pantry to see what I had in there.  I found a bag of chocolate chips and decided this would have to do.  I decided to read the bag first to see if it had directions for melting.  To my amazement, it actually did!!! (Now you can tell just how much time I spend baking).  This time I microwaved for 30 seconds, took it out and stirred, and then put back in for 30 second intervals until it was melted.  I also melted only 1/2 the bag at at time.  It worked much better the 2nd time around but I had to settle for this.....
 


Still delicious but not the same

No comments:

Post a Comment